Order of the Close Combat Phase
This is the third part in the series of episodes about sequences in the game, this final instalment is all about the close combat phase.
The Close Combat Phase is probably the most detailed and rules heavy part of the game. i would say in game play alone it is the movemnt phase that is king but the amount of rules in the combat phase is very daunting.
The are a number of areas that are better broken down into sections. These are Pre Combat, Combat and Post Combat.
- Starting the close combat phase, the player whose turn it is can choose the combat to fight first. After thta you get into the order of the start of combat actions which take place in the following way
- Make Way, Fear and abilities like Nurgle Rot are all at the same time, the players turn is the decider.
- Impact hits
- Striking order in Initiative steps
- Allocating attacks at each step
- Breath weapons at each step, decided to be used before rolling to attack for that step
- Resolve Combat Resolution
- Reforming – Roll off if both players want to attempt. winner chooses order
- Decide to Persue
- Roll to Flee
- Roll to Persue
- Reslove Flee
- Reform and restraining units
- Move persuers, controlling player chooses the order to move the units.
- Move on to the next combat and repeat.
If you have anything to say about this episode feel free to let me know by leaving a comment below or sending an email to email@example.com
I look forwards to hearing what you have to say!
Golem Painting Day Contest
Don’t forget to check out the Snake Eyes Section of the forums to enter the contest for a £100 ticket to the Golem Painting Weekend.
Will Goodwin is running the Call to War event on the 4th and 5th of May.
- Date – 4/5 May
- Venue – Maunsfeld Gaming
- Size – 120 players
- Unique Players Pack
- 6 Games
- Live Draw on Bad Dice TV
- Will be submited to Rankings HQ
- Ticket Price – £30 includes lunch each day
- Full Details on The Warhammer Forum
- ETC Comp
- Last year was 102 Players
- Attracts international players